Duffus Ladder Rules
1. It is up to the challenger to make contact with their opponent. You may challenge anyone else on the ladder, up to and including 3 places above you.
2. The initial ranking of the players on the ladder to be set up by the administrator (me). Suggest chronological order (oldest at top) might be as good a way as any.
3. New players can join the ladder at any moment. When you join the ladder, you may challenge any player within the bottom 80% of the ladder as your first challenge. However, choose carefully whomever you challenge as this is a unique opportunity. If you lose the first match you will then unfortunately start at the bottom of the ladder. (This only includes players who signed up after the sign up date.)
4. Each player is expected to play at least one match every 2 week interval, otherwise HE or SHE will be dropped FIVE positions. The leading player however is exempt from this requirement.
5. A player who is challenged must agree to a match with the challenger no later than two weeks after the challenge has been made unless:
1. The challenged player already has 2 other matches to play
2. The challenged player is unable to play due to injury, holiday etc.
3. The two players cannot mutally agree on a date and time for a match.
6. New or nearly new Club tennis balls to be used for the match.
7. It is the responsibility of the winner of the match to report the score on the sheets provided on the tennis board.
8. The time of the match should be mutually agreed to both players. Therefore if either party is more than 30minutes late in attending an agreed match, then the late or non-attender loses the match (unless sufficient reason) Please decide before playing the game what will happen if it rains or the game has to be abandoned for any reason.
POSITIONS ON THE LADDER FOLLOWING COMPLETION OF A MATCH CHANGE AS FOLLOWS:
1. If the winner has the higher position , there is no change.
2. If the winner has the lower position, he or she takes over the higher position. The loser and all others below the winner move down one position. The calculation is based on the position of the two players when the match is recorded, not those at the time the challenge is made. It’s not unusual to find the positions of the players have changed during that interval. Please observe good sportsmanship and play your match even if you find your respective positions have changed.
1. Matches will consist of best of 3 sets.
2. As previously stated, at the end of a match the score has to be registered by the winner. Failure to do so may result in a mix up of the ladder.